Meet Your Instructor: Chris Freytag

Chris Freytag is a certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness instructor, and Health Coach. She is also Pilates and Yoga trained. Chris has been teaching, training, writing books, and creating DVDs for the past 25 years.

Her high energy and approachable personality have helped build her reputation as a nationally known fitness expert among the viewers who watch her weekly TV segments, to the members who jam pack her classes, and to her clients, readers, and fans. She founded Get Healthy U and Get Healthy U TV to make fitness accessible and affordable for everyone and to help people take charge of their health.

Chris lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with her husband where they raised their three now-grown kids.

Work out with Chris:

GOLD LIVE Class: Walk and Sculpt 1
GOLD LIVE Class: HIIT
GOLD LIVE Class: Kickboxing HIIT
GOLD LIVE Class: Cardio Kickboxing 1
GOLD LIVE Class: Cardio Kickboxing 2
GOLD LIVE Class: Cardio Kickboxing 3
GOLD LIVE Class: CRT (Cardio Resistance Training)
GOLD LIVE Class: Low Impact AMRAPS
GOLD LIVE Class: Cardio Step 1
GOLD LIVE Class: Cardio Step 2
GOLD LIVE Class: Pyramid Power Plus
GOLD LIVE Class: Step Strength 2
GOLD LIVE Class: Kettlebell Circuits
GOLD LIVE Class: Flow & Yin
GOLD LIVE Class: Flow & Yin Yoga 2
GOLD LIVE Class: Cardio + Core Burner
GOLD LIVE Class: Beginner GOLD Interval Walking

Bring the Gym to Your Home

19 Responses to “Meet Your Instructor: Chris Freytag”
  1. Laura

Chris, I love your cardio kickboxing workouts. I would love to have a few more–45 minutes or longer. I used to hate exercise, and I look forward to this type of workout. Just a suggestion. 🙂

2. La'Kisha

I am new to the program and would like to know what would be the best routines for me to begin with. I want and have to a lot of weight, but for right now my target is 50 lbs hopefully by April 2017, so I don’t want to waste anytime doing the wrong workout routines and not seeing results.
    Here are my stats:
    Age: 44
    Current weight: 256
    Height:5’6
    Female
    Thanks!

3. Jessica

Hi Chris, I Workout with you in the past and loss a lot of weight. Just would like you to know I’m back and I’m ready to get back on track. 🙂

4. Cleda

Chris: I have a question. Joined (wonderful annual offer! WOW!) and am doing the Firm N Burn rotation. I’m on day #2 and it calls for “Bodyweight Circuits”. I could not find it anywhere and the only workout I found that was 45 minutes was Body Weight Intervals. Is this one in the same workout? Just so I now I did the right one. Thanks in advance. Cleda

Hi, Cleda. Congratulations on completing day 2! We are SO glad you joined GHU TV and are liking the workouts. We are also so glad you e-mailed because you caught a typo on that calendar for us! You are correct the bodyweight circuits should say bodyweight intervals and we are in the process of fixing that now. Thank you so much for reaching out to us! Keep up the great work, we have more fun workouts on the way!

• Nicole

Just wanted to let you know that I printed out the Firm and Burn calendar and it still says Bodyweight Circuits.

5. Rita

Hi how are you, I’m rita and because of you I love to watch your video you are amazing and very nice works. I need your advice for workout and diet I like to be fit strong like you . Now I’m on diet and everyday doing exercise from Jillian Michaels . If it’s posssible to do programm plz

6. Shari

Hi Chris, I’m 50 and have exercised on and off ( mainly off) and now regretting it. I have very little flexibility and need to start at the beginning. Do you have some videos that will help beginners?

We absolutely have beginner workouts and you are never too late or too old – start now – you have a lot of years ahead of you!!
      Check out our Move to Lose program, Walk & Tone Program and a few of the GOLD WORKOUTS – Walk & Sculpt, Low impact Fusion, Pilates and Yoga. Check out the Get Started Beginners calendar and the Beginner to Buff calendar! Join our private facebook group for support – the women are super engaged and help each other :)!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/315532938781393/?ref=bookmarks
      Chris Freytag

7. Gina

As a 63 year old every day workout person since 1974, I just love your power walk workouts plus those with light weights. As I just can’t quite do some of the same workouts I did years ago now, keep these coming. You and Jodi, and Lindsey offer wonderful workouts in this my favorite choice!

8. Kelli

I am interested in attending some of Chris’s classes live. Where is her studio located and do you have to have a membership or can you attend 1 or 2 classes on a trial basis?

Hi there – so I teach at the Life Time Fitness in Plymouth Minnesota. It is a club with memberships – but I am happy to have a guest anytime if I know in advance!
      Chris Freytag

9. mbabyi

Yes, I agree more cardio kickboxing. I love cardio kickboxing. It was what I first started doing when I started my weight loss and is always one of my daily workouts , 10lb slimdown , when I first started i found you on exercise TV. Back in 2010 and have been doing your workouts ever since.